Friday, June 14, 2013

Check out an exclusive excerpt from 'Rajasthani Moon' by Lisabet Sarai

Rajasthani Moon
by Lisabet Sarai

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

Neither kink nor curse can stop a woman with a mission.

Cecily Harrowsmith, secret agent extraordinaire, is a woman on a mission. When the remote Indian kingdom of Rajasthan refused to remit its taxes to the Empire, Her Majesty imposed an embargo. Deprived of the energy-rich mineral viridium, essential for modern technology and development, Rajasthan was expected to quickly give in and resume its payments. Yet after three years, the rebellious principality still has not knuckled under. Cecily undertakes the difficult journey to the rugged, arid land of the Rajputs to determine just how it has managed to survive, and if possible to convince the country to return to the Empire's embrace. Instead, she's taken captive by a brigand who turns out to be the ruler's half-brother Pratan and delivered into the hands of the sexy but sadistic Rajah Amir, who expertly mingles torture and delight in his interrogation of the voluptuous interloper.

Cursed before birth by Amir's jealous mother, Pratan changes to a ravening wolf whenever the moon is full. Cecily uncovers the counter-spell that can reverse the effects of the former queen's hex and tries to trade that information for her freedom. Drawn to the fierce wolf-man and sympathising with his suffering, she volunteers to serve as the sacrifice required by the ritual – offering her body to the beast. In return, the Rajah reveal Rajasthan's amazing secret source of energy. In the face of almost impossible odds, Cecily has accomplished the task entrusted to her by the Empire. But can she really bear to leave the virile half-brothers and their colourful land behind and return to constraints of her life in England?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read an excerpt:
 
She awoke at dawn, feeling anxious and irritable. An eerie quiet suffused the palace. After washing and dressing, she tiptoed down the spiralling marble stairs to the ground floor and out to the garden, seeking some sort of balm for her ragged spirit.

Verdant creepers twined along the stone balustrades, studded with pastel blooms just opening to the new morning. Despite the arid climate of the kingdom, dewdrops sparkled like diamonds on the velvety petals. Gentle winds rippled the lake and whispered through the foliage. Snowy gardenias peeked out from bushy clusters of shiny green leaves. Cecily plucked one and inhaled its intoxicating fragrance. She felt her tension ebb a bit as the first rays of sunlight slanted over the palace rooftops down into the leafy space. Closing her eyes, she filled her lungs with the perfumed air and let the sun warm her cheeks and forehead.

Some slight sound drew her attention. There, at the far end of garden, stood Pratan, gazing out over the water. He wore nothing but loose white dhotis and the white turban of a pilgrim. The breeze stirred his ebony hair. Even from where she stood, Cecily could see the rise and fall of his tanned, sculpted chest as he breathed deeply.

Sudden joy swept through her. “Pratan! You’ve returned!” She hastened to his side, snagging his arm as he tried to turn away. “Don’t go. Please.”

He looked weary, haggard, ten years older than the last time she’d seen him. “Best to keep your distance from me, lady. I can feel the beast move inside, every time I catch a whiff of your scent.”

Cecily ignored his admonition. She pulled his body against hers, revelling in the luscious hardness of him pressed against her soft, pillowy flesh. “Tonight we’ll put that beast to rest forever.”

If the gods will it.” His gruff voice held such despair that she cringed in spite of herself. However, he did not move away from her.

The gods will smile on you—on us. I’m certain. You are innocent and deserve redemption.”

Innocent? I’m a murderer twice over. Tonight I may well claim my third victim.”

Hush. Your brother has sworn he will protect me. And I am more than ready for the worst you can do to me.” She cradled his cheeks, stubble pricking her palms, and pulled his face down to her level. “Kiss me, Pratan. Kiss me and forget your pain.”

She expected him to refuse, to push her away. Instead, he allowed her to press her lips to his and wrap him in her arms. Docile and unresisting, he opened to her questing tongue, but at first he did not respond in kind. She drank him in, pouring all the longing of the past week into her kiss. She was on fire, his touch and scent kindling a passion so fierce she could scarcely breathe. Ravaging his mouth, she sought to ignite an answering fever.

She let her hands wander over his bare back, discovering the raised scars of his harsh life in the mountains. She slid her palms down to his taut buttocks, cupping the firm flesh and pulling his pelvis against hers.

His passivity was a lie. Under his thin cotton garment, he was like stone. Cecily ground her pubis against that lovely hardness and mashed her lips frantically against his. Love me, my poor cursed bandit, she thought. Take me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy it on Amazon

AUTHOR Bio and Links:


I became addicted to words at an early age. I began reading when I was four. I wrote my first story at five years old and my first poem at seven. Since then, I've written plays, tutorials, scholarly articles, marketing brochures, software specifications, self-help books, press releases, a five-hundred page dissertation, and of course, lots of erotica and erotic romance – nearly fifty books and counting!

In addition to writing, I also edit erotica and erotic romance. My editing credits include the ground breaking anthology Sacred Exchange, which explores the spiritual aspects of BDSM relationships, the massive collection Cream: The Best of the Erotica Readers and Writers Association, the charity anthology Coming Together: In Vein, a collection of vampire tales that benefits Doctors Without Borders, and six volumes of the Coming Together: Presents series of single author charitable erotica books. You'll also find me writing the newsletter and occasional articles for the Erotica Readers and Writers Association (www.erotica-readers.com) and monthly reviews for Erotica Revealed (www.eroticarevealed.com).

I've always loved traveling; my husband seduced me in a Burmese restaurant by telling me tales of his foreign adventures. Since then I have visited every continent except Australia, although I still have a long travel wish list. Currently I live with him and our two exceptional felines in Southeast Asia, where I pursue an alternative career that is completely unrelated to my creative writing.

For more information about me and my writing, visit my website (http://www.lisabetsarai.com) or my blog Beyond Romance (http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com)


Lisabet's Fantasy Factory (website) http://www.lisabetsarai.com

Beyond Romance (blog): http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com

Lisabet's List (Yahoo group): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lisabets_list



Lisabet will be awarding an E-Book from her back list to a randomly drawn commenter at each stop, plus a grand prize of a $50 GC to Amazon, B&N or AllRomanceEbooks (winner's choice) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. To be eligible, commenters MUST include their email addresses in their comments. Follow the tour for more chances to win!
 

30 comments:

  1. I would have been very happy for the excerpt to continue on. Always a good sign.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I had to cave and buy the book! I live the excerpts and can't wait to read the full story. Thanks so much for posting!

    wendynjason04 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to know what Rajasthan's secret source of energy is! So intrigued by the excerpt..this is definitely on my must-read list!

    Jill McHale
    jillmchale2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting concerpt since lately all the novels have been pro shapeshifting but in this case it is a curse. I look forward to reading more

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pratan certainly seems to need Cecily's comfort and loving in the excerpt.

    strive4bst(AT) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the makings of an intriguing story!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely writing style. It's very easy to fall into!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed the sexy, passionate excerpts. There's definitely passion in this book!
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds intriguing

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great excerpt! I definitely have to read more! :)
    -Amber
    goodblinknpark(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everybody!

    Sorry I'm here so late. I really appreciate all your comments and encouragement (especially those of you whom I've convinced to go out and buy the book!)

    Thank you, Andrea, for hosting me. This looks like a great blog!

    I'll be waiting until the end of the tour to draw all the winners. So if you've missed any stops so far, you can go back and take them in. The full schedule can be found at

    http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com/2013/06/sunday-snog-more-delights-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cover :)

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the excerpt! This looks like such an interesting read. I adore the cover, and can't wait to check it out!

    ca (at) caszarek.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your love of words is evident in your writing. I am intrigued by the excerpt from Rajasthani Moon.
    lringel(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for the late post. I’m playing catch-up here so I’m just popping in to say HI and sorry I missed visiting with you on party day! Hope you all had a good time!
    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sharon Baker slpetera@yahoo.comJune 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM

    Looks like I have to go out and buy another book. This sound like such a grat read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon Baker slpetera@yahoo.comJune 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM

    This sounds like such a great read that it looks like I will be going out to buy another book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My iPad ate my first comment. Beautiful excerpt, very sensuous! Thank you.
    Urbanista
    brendurbanist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOOK AND THE TOUR!THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY! SHELLEY S. calicolady60@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite line in that excerpt: "She drank him in, pouring all the longing of the past week into her kiss." So much passion, I love those kind of kisses.

    armiefox at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite line of the excerpt: "She drank him in, pouring all the longing of the past week into her kiss." So much passion! I love those kind of kisses.

    armiefox at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving the erotic excerpts from "Rajasthani Moon" along your Blog Tour, thank you Lisabet for posting them for your Fans. This will be setting my Kindle on Fire very soon ;)
    Take Care & Stay Naughty,
    PaParanormalFan (Renee)
    paranormalromancefan at Yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been enjoying the tour. I look forward to reading this. jepebATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for yet another amazing excerpt!!

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you're having fun with your tour :)

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the way you write. It's beautiful and so full of detail and imagery :) Thanks for sharing!

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for shairing another great excerpt.

    flubber2kool@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for sharing this great excerpte.

    flubber2kool@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.