Monday, March 18, 2013

Interview with Lynda Aicher, author of 'Bonds of Need'


What was the inspiration behind 'Bonds of Need'?
Honestly, there was no real inspiration outside of a story in my head that wouldn’t go away. My goal with every book in this series is to show the emotional side of a world that isn’t easily understood. There is more than whips, floggers and bondage involved and showing that is critical to me. The books are about the characters first and the events second.
This is the second book in the series. How many more do you anticipate?

I’m currently contracted for six books in this series. But, I’m pretty sure there will be at least seven. Darn characters keeping popping and demanding their own story.

What gets you in the mood to write erotica and romance?

Ha! Are trying to make me blush? Truly, I just write. I sit down at my computer and get into the character’s heads and start writing. I do read a lot of erotic romance and get ideas based on what I like to read, but each scene unfolds as the characters start to play.

What other projects do you have in the works?

I’m pretty focused on finishing the Wicked Play series right now. But I’m trying to fit in a few M/M novellas this year as well.

What can you be found doing when not writing?

Reading. That’s my favorite pastime. I always have a book with me and ereaders make that so easy. I also have a boatload of family activities and schedules to coordinate. My kids keep me busy along with the volunteer work I do at their school.

When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

My first desire to write a story came when I was twelve years old and finished reading The Outsiders. But I quickly learned how hard it was to write a book and put the dream off for many, many years. It always stuck around in my head though and I played at it in my thirties, but it wasn’t until I was closer to forty that I finally got serious about writing a book.

How do you make yourself stand out in this competitive market?

By writing the best book that I can every time. I believe that’s the best thing I can do. There is so much competition and pushing of information in the digital world that it’s hard to tell if any marketing really works. So I base my thoughts on how I buy books and that’s by the quality. If I like what the author writes, I’ll buy more. It’s that simple and hopefully, readers will like what I write and keep buying.

What are some of your favorite books?

Wow, that’s really hard as I read a lot! I tend to think of Author’s I like more than individual books, so a few of those would be: Amy Lane, L.A. Witt, Anne Tenino, J.R. Ward, Joey W. Hill, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jenna Bayley-Burke, Kresley Cole.

What are you reading right now?

Cardeno C. – Something In The Way He Needs

What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?

Hummm…I’ve never broken a bone in my body. Not very exciting, but I doubt you knew that.

Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you for hosting me today! I had fun answering your questions and hope your readers enjoy it too.

Thank you so much for your time!

And yours!


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Lynda Aicher has always loved to read. It’s a simple fact that has been true since she discovered the words of Judy Blume at the age of ten. After years of weekly travel as a consultant implementing computer software into global companies, she ended her nomadic lifestyle to raise her two children. Now, her imagination is her only limitation on where she can go and her writing lets her escape from the daily duties of being a mom, wife, chauffer, scheduler, cook, teacher, volunteer, cleaner and mediator. If writing wasn’t a priority, it wouldn’t get done.

To learn more about Lynda, you can find her at:





Bonds of Need
Book 2 in the Wicked Play Series
by Lynda Aicher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

When Kendra Morgan attends a party at an exclusive sex club, she's not driven by mere curiosity. Hoping to prove she's put the past behind her, Kendra must instead face up to needs she's denied for too long. Despite her lingering fears, she can't resist the temptation to play…

Deklan Winters has had his eye on his attractive neighbor for months, but only senses Kendra is no stranger to the BDSM scene when she walks into his club. And he can tell that's not her only secret. What surprises him is his own overwhelming desire to give her what she craves—and to show her a side to the Dom/sub relationship she's never known.

With Deklan's guidance, Kendra begins to accept her forbidden needs and to recognize the fine line between pleasure and pain. But when her former Master returns to reclaim her, it will take all her courage—and all of Deklan's love—to defy her past.

Read an excerpt:
A gulp of fresh air filled her lungs the second she entered the hallway. She stalled there, shaking as she slumped against the wall. She locked her knees to keep herself upright, an act that brought a smirk to her lips. Eric always punished her for locking her knees. One of the first lessons she was taught as a sub was to keep her knees loose to limit the chance of fainting.

She turned her head and stared down the long hallway to the stairway at the end. The faint sounds of the Dungeon drifted down to her like a lure, pulling her in, closer to temptation, to the forbidden acts taking place just beyond her reach.

Closing her eyes, she centered in on the distant crack of a whip, the smack of a paddle against flesh, the wail of a sub timed with the clinking of chains. Her lips compressed as she struggled against the desire to join. The need that tugged at her to walk up the stairs and take what her body so desperately wanted.

She twisted the black band on her wrist, her mark as a visitor to The Den. But her status had been elevated, the red light having changed to green. She could play if she wanted. Her safety catch had been released, and now there was nothing stopping her but free will.

Her decision to make.
Buy links: Amazon \ Barnes & Noble    


Lynda will be awarding a $50 Gift Card to Amazon, B&N or Allromance ebooks, Winner's Choice, to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Follow the tour for more chances to win!

18 comments:

  1. I've actually been fascinated by the BDSM world that is popping up more and more in fiction. It's something I've been entirely unfamiliar with and even though I might not be comfortable with a lot of the ideas, it's still very interesting to read about!

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    do the books in the series need to be read in order?

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they don't. Each books is it's own story, but the characters do weave in and out. So the characters in Bonds of Need (Book #2) were introduced in Bonds of Trust (Book #1).

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'm all pumped for the book right now!!!

    -Kate-

    hense1kk@cmich.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for having me here today. The interview was fun even if you did make me blush. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    we seem to have some of the same favorite authors and I just finished Cardeno's book, did you like it? When you mentioned BDSM I thought of Heidi Cullinan, did you read her books?

    shadowrunner1987 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like Cardeno's book. But I like all of the books in that series. I do read Heidi Cullinan. I just finished Family Man that she wrote with Marie Sexton and loved it.

      Delete
  6. What is your favorite scene in the story?

    lyra.lucky7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 7 or 8 books in this series. This one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd bet THE OUTSIDERS was an impetus for a lot of young writers--the fact that Hinton was 15 when she wrote it was so compelling!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series. I generally shy away from books that are BDSM focused but with the series the BDSM is secondary and mostly fades into the background because the focus is so intent on the characters themselves and you just get caught up in their story, and that's what makes this series so great.

    valpelissero@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Thanks! I try to mike it about the characters, not the gymnastics of the acts. :)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful interview!
    I've never broken a bone in my body, either. Weird, considering what a huge klutz I am ;-)

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice interview

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new book! Interesting interview. Thanks for the giveaway.
    bhometchko(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new book!
    great interview.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    sunshine_pinkystar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.