Monday, October 21, 2013

'A Song for Sophie' by Mackenzie Crowne


A Song for Sophie
by Mackenzie Crowne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:

Jobless, practically homeless, and tired of being manless, Sophie Taylor jumps at the chance to be Beaumont Walker’s personal assistant. Six weeks on the road with country music’s bad boy—and, more importantly, his all-male crew—is the perfect opportunity to change her life.

Beau Walker doesn’t need any more distractions. Sophie, with her butt-ugly suits and balls-to-the-wall attitude, shouldn’t be one, but she proves to be distracting and more—even, surprisingly, a friend. So when he discovers her plan to snag a man from his worldly wise crew, he’s determined to protect her from herself.

Read an excerpt:
“Don’t you have something you’re supposed to be doing? I assume we’re paying you. Go earn your paycheck.”

“Oh, you’re paying me.” She allowed the secret smile to curl her lips in an actual one. “And I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.”

“What’s that? Boring me to death?”

She dropped her oversized purse to the floor and took the chair next to him. It was a very comfortable recliner, and large enough that her arm didn’t reach the handle to lift the footrest. Feeling around blindly, she sat forward, and hanging half way over the arm, grasped the control. A quick tug and the footrest snapped up, and the back of the chair fell into the recline position, making her squeak.

Beau shook his head.

She tugged at the hem of her skirt to make sure it didn’t ride up, squirming until she’d settled herself. With her ankles crossed, she plopped her hands and forearms on the cushioned arms of the chair and looked at him.

“I’m keeping you busy.”

“Huh?”

“I’m keeping you busy. You asked what I was supposed to be doing. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing.”

“Well, quit it. You’re pissing me off.”

“Oh, yeah,” she drawled, “like that’s hard to do.”

“Have I fired you yet today?”

“No.”

“You’re fired.”

He really was funny when he was trying to look menacing. She laughed and held his glare. “Geez, you’re cranky.”

Available on Amazon

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I'm a wife, mother, and grandmother (a really young one). My husband and I were blessed with two rambunctious little boys who we managed to raise into wonderful men without any disfiguring mishaps. Dirt bikes and ESPN are the order around our house, and life at the 'Testosterone Ranch' more closely resembles one of today's wacky reality shows, than yesterday's 'Leave It To Beaver'.

I'm one of eight kids, raised just north of Boston. I moved to Phoenix as an adult because living in the southwest feeds my soul. My childhood was a free-for-all, chock full of laughter, love, family and friends. I was raised on the concept that a stranger is just one conversation away from being a friend and I'm happy to say, that experience remains true today.

My love of books, specifically the romance genre, has been a lifelong affair, both as a reader and a writer. A bout with breast cancer sharpened my resolve to see my stories shared with others. Today, I am a five-year survivor, living my dream.

My friends call me Mac. I hope you will too.

Mac’s Links:

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Mackenzie-Crowne/e/B007YH4QZ2/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

mackenziecrowne.com: http://mackenziecrowne.com/wp/

FaceBook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/MackenzieCrowne

Twitter @maccrowne: https://twitter.com/MacCrowne

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5821344.Mackenzie_Crowne

Mackenzie will be awarding one of her backlist titles in PDF format to a randomly drawn commenter at every stop, and a Grand Prize of a bundle of 15 PDF titles from various authors and genres of romance, (excluding erotica) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Follow the tour for more chances to win!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun book, Mac.
    Hope your tour goes well and you have tons of sales. Congratulations on being a survivor.
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really great. I love stories that make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winners have been chosen. Whoot! Whoot!

    Nicki B is the winner of the grand prize and Jane, you're the winner here. Congrats, sweetie. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update:
    Because we haven’t been able to track down the grand prize winner (Nicki B) who commented at The Indie Book Fairy blog, a second grand prize winner has been chosen from amongst all commenters. Congratulations, Erin, and thank you for your comment at Queen of the Night Reviews. The 15 romance E-book bundle is coming your way. Enjoy!
    (In the event contact is eventually made with Nicki, she will still receive her grand prize.)
    Thanks to all of you for your interest and for playing along.
    Mac

    ReplyDelete

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.