Thursday, March 5, 2020

When Our Stories Collide by K.L. Goodreau



Maggie Carpenter is a waitress at a high-end club in Arizona who loves nothing more than a quiet night cozying up with a good book. One fateful night she ends up serving Jackson Porter, a handsome yet brooding best-selling author, celebrating the recent National Book Awards nomination for his newest romance novel. It's an instant magnetic attraction for the two of them but there's just one problem, they are polar opposites.

Maggie wears her heart on her sleeve, she's mild-mannered and does everything to please those around her. She believes making one person smile at a time can change the world, which in turn makes everyone she meets subconsciously swarm to her.

Jackson won't let anyone close. He's a womanizer, has no respect for rules, covered in tattoos, curses like a sailor and he hates the idea of trusting his heart with anyone other than himself. He believes himself an irrevocably broken man with an attitude problem.

Jackson plays her hot and cold and despite Maggie's gentle nature, around Jack she becomes a firecracker. "With Jackson, it feels like the oxygen is sucked out of the room and it would only take a single match to bring it to a full scorching fire. But now I know, that match could easily turn the room into a boxing ring or it could be a passionate force of affection."

Jackson lives his life wild and free, while Maggie toils her life away living vicariously through the pages in her books. But the reality is, neither of them were really living until their stories collided.

Maggie needs someone to show her how to live and Jack needs someone to how him how to love. Will she end up convincing him love exists or simply be used as a pawn in his book?



Read it now on Wattpad


Read the prologue:
“Before we met I was just a girl living in the silent black and white pages of a book. There were no real ends or beginnings only continuations of days blurring to the next. Ever forward, we didn't realize we were heading straight for each other until we crashed- no collided, into each others worlds. The collision brought color and beauty that neither of us had ever experienced before. 
We were complete opposites. Jackson's life before me consisted of him pushing away anyone who tried to get close, while I wore my heart on my sleeve. He had tattoos, piercings, and cursed like a sailor, yet I was mild-mannered and did everything to please the people around me. He had a new woman every night, yet I was a virgin. Everyone warned me away from him, including himself. 
He lived his life wild and free while I toiled my life away living vicariously through the pages I've read in books. But the reality is, neither of us were really living until our stories collided. This is our story. 
-Maggie”



I was compensated via Fiverr for sharing this post. I only share those books that I feel will be of interest to my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.