Friday, April 8, 2016

Meet Dottie Wilson, author of Chosen: A Club Crimson Novel

A couple of weeks ago, you were introduced to Chosen, a Club Crimson novel. Now meet the woman behind the magic.


Chosen


Skye: 


I thought knew what guys like Gus were like: rich, arrogant womanisers. Not. My. Type. Then again, I also thought he was human. Even when I knew what he was, I still couldn't resist him, as hard as that was to admit. Little did I realise that the vampire billionaire could soothe my soul and liberate both my mind and my body... if he didn't break my heart first. Cora had her own plans for me too.

What would be worse: Gus breaking my already fragile heart or Cora fulfilling her promise to kill me?

Club Crimson: Chosen is a standalone novel with a Happy Ever After to melt your kindle and your heart. No cliff hangers and no cheating. 

If you love your vampires hot, your shifters loyal, and enjoy covens and conspiracy... especially when it's all wrapped up in steamy paranormal romance, then you've got to read Chosen. 

***This is a hot paranormal romance that contains mature themes and language.***



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dottie, thank you so much for taking time to chat with us today. What was the inspiration behind this book?
The inspiration behind Chosen and the rest of the Club Crimson series has come from two very different places: my love of vampire stories and my Northern Irish culture. I love the idea that in between all the Irish stories that there’s a vampire or a shifter pulling strings.
To which character did you relate the most?
Skye was the main character and she really got into my head. I felt bad putting her through everything she had to face, but she came out the other side and was still standing. Having had difficult times in the past myself (and who hasn’t) I could relate to her wanting to keep her independence and sort her problems out by herself. 
Also, I really liked Dianne, which was a surprise even for me as I wrote the book. She’s a bit of a maverick but welcomed Skye and supported her unquestionably. She has her own story to tell and I hope I can do it justice.
What is one of your favorite scenes?
Hmm… that’s a tricky one! I suppose the “foot rub” scene is one of my favourites – I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!
Will we see these characters again?
Oh yes! Chosen is the first in the Club Crimson series. Each book is completely standalone but the characters will play their part in the other books.
Tell us more about the Club Crimson series.
Club Crimson is the new club that Augustus (Gus) has opened. He’s a billionaire vampire who can read auras and has used that talent to make some savvy business deals in the past. Although this isn’t the first club he’s opened, it’s the first one since he decided to move back to Northern Ireland, where he was born and where he was turned into a vampire in the Seventeenth Century. There’s a reason he’s decided it’s time to move back to Londonderry – he needs to exorcize his own demons. He didn’t come back alone; he’s brought The Pack with him. Having saved Andy’s life years ago, the shifter dedicated his life to serving Gus. Andy’s the leader of the group of Irish Wolfhound shifters. Cora, who was turned by the same vampire as Gus, has also come to Northern Ireland, her reasons for staying around aren’t so pure. 
The paranormal romance series is about their lives and the humans that live amongst them.
Loyalty is becoming a common element to point out in book descriptions. Why is this so important?
Loyalty has always been something that’s important to me in my own life and relationships, so much so that I knew that it simply would be a major element in the stories I write. It’s not something that I deliberately chose to draw attention to in my book description because I think it is part of the deal in love and romance. How can two people truly love each other and not be loyal to each other? The real problem comes when the loyalty to your love and to your family pull two different ways.
What is it that you think draws authors to creating steamy paranormal novels?
Well, personally it’s because they’re the exact type of books I like to read! When I’m not spending quality time with my husband, I love nothing better than curling up on my sofa with a dog or two (there’s always at least one of them looking to snuggle) and delving in to a steamy paranormal romance.
What is it that you think draws readers to vampires, billionaires, and other such aspects of this book?
Vampires don’t grow old, billionaires don’t have to work for a living, and when they do it is usually doing something they actually like doing. It’s like they’re adult versions of Peter Pan, never worrying about ageing, having to buy groceries, worry about bills or doing work they hate, in fact they get to spend their time doing exactly as they please. How awesome would that be? Honestly, I think what draws readers to rich vampires is the way that you are transported to an immortal world. At least that’s what writing Chosen did for me.
The market is filled with paranormal and billionaire romances. What makes yours stand out?
I’ve tried to put my characters and their emotions on display: “warts and all”. I’ve read enough paranormal romances that gave great descriptions of the wealth and affluence but as I reader I wanted to understand what the characters felt for each other and how – even against the odds – they can find a way to love.
What other kinds of writing have you done?
As a child I was really into music and wrote a lot of little songs for myself, as well as inventing stories in my head. I was an only child so I had to keep myself entertained some way! In recent years I started by writing a lot of shorts which I didn’t release, I was shy to tell my friends and family about my hobby… especially the steamier ones! Chosen is the first full length novel I’ve written.
If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?
I would love to be writing/performing music, or maybe teaching music. I’m a classically trained pianist and when I was at college I used to teach some kids in my spare time. It was very rewarding, but writing lets me unleash my creativity in a more satisfying way.
Who or what inspires you the most as a writer?
Ironically, my husband. I say ironically as he doesn’t write (well, he can of course, but he’s not a writer per se). He can’t quite believe that I have actually published a novel. When I first told him that I wanted to write he thought I was going a little crazy… but he supported me regardless. He’ll come out with thoughts or say something in conversation and I’ll think, “I can imagine someone saying that in one of my stories.” And suddenly I have worked out a plot hole or a new twist to a story.
What is some of the best writing advice you have ever received?
“Put your arse in the chair every day and get writing.” As simple (or complex) as that. Bad day? Write. Good day? Write. Tired? Write. Energised? Write more.
What words of wisdom do you have for aspiring writers?
Just write it and press PUBLISH. You’ll learn from writing, yes, but until you release your story to the world you’ll never get the same chance to develop as a writer. Don’t take bad reviews personally… at least try not to.
What are you reading? What is on your TBR?
I’ve recently read Crow (Boston Underworld Book 1); it’s not PNR but a Bad Boy Irish mafia romance. Absolutely loved it. 
I’m currently reading Stone Bear: Phoenix by Amelia Jade. Whew, it’s hot ;)
I can’t wait for J. R. Ward’s The Beast. I love, love, love the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I am a huge J. R. Ward fan girl.
What is something from your bucket list that you would be willing to share with us?
To spend a month in Lanzarote with my husband and write a sizzling summer romance, using the scenery and our own adventures to inspire the story.
You live in Northern Ireland, a place I would love to visit one day. What are some must-see places for visitors to go?
Two places:

Londonderry – the setting for Chosen. The city’s walls are the only ones in Europe never to have been breached, hence the affection name of “The Maiden City” the history is amazing. The landscape around the city is beautiful and the people are more than friendly. But be warned: the sense of humour is very, very dry! 
The Giant’s Causeway – our very own natural wonder of the world. It’s also going to feature in the Club Crimson series.
Where do you like to travel?
Everywhere I can. My last long haul was to Mexico. I’ve been lucky enough to have travelled many places over Europe. I’ve never been to America (yet) but I would love to travel my way around America.
What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?
I’m a bit of a closet adrenalin junkie. Every now and then I enjoy doing things that scare me.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
The next novel in the Club Crimson series will be due for release in late Summer 2016.
And we will be looking forward to it! Thank you so much for your time!



http://amzn.to/1qbZtwo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.