Friday, September 2, 2016

Meet Niki Hebert McQuilling, author of Prison Blade and Sadistic



What was the inspiration behind this story?
My readers were my inspiration to writing Sadistic. Most of them tell me, after they read Prison Blade, they want 'more' so I decided to give them a little bit more until I complete the second book.
What is one of your favorite scenes?
My favorite scene in Sadistic is when Susan and James sleep together. Although under the odd circumstances they were put together, it was the only time she's ever felt peace, love and pleasure.
How does it relate to your previous work, Prison Blade?
This is a short story of Erik Benton's parents.
Will we see these characters again?
Maybe by name only but you probably won't see these characters again.
On what are you working right now?
I'm currently working on the sequel to Prison Blade plus two other novels.
How has your work in law enforcement shaped you as a writer?
Being in Law Enforcement has shown me both sides of domestic violence (the victim's and the abuser's). I've seen things that no one wants to see. There's a lot I haven't seen which I'm thankful for. I believe that survivors of a violent crimes are strong people. The strongest in my eyes. I wanted to give them a voice even if my stories are fiction.
What are some of your other writing influences?
Henry Cavill. He is my hot male character in every story.
What is your writing routine like?
I write any chance I get.
You deal with some intense topics in your books. How do you manage them?
When I first began writing the intense scenes in Prison Blade, I had panic attacks. I realized I had to treat it like I was at work. I had to lock up my own feelings. By doing that, writing Sadistic wasn't as hard to do.
What are you reading right now? What's next on your list?
I just finished reading THE DEVIL'S WIFE by Gemma James. Now, I've started RULE'S SEDUCTION by Lynda Chance.
What is one of your greatest accomplishments?
My greatest accomplishment is the completion and release of Prison Blade.
What is something still on your bucket list?
A tattoo. I don't have any, I really want one.
How has your family influenced your writing?
My family is amazing. They push me to keep writing when I feel like I've hit a wall.
What is something readers may be surprised to learn about you?
I've been told that when I wear my glasses, I look a lot like Penelope Garcia from the show Criminal Minds. Some of my coworkers call me Garcia.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thank you to everyone who has read both Prison Blade and Sadistic. It means the world to me and I promise to give you more.
Thank you for your time! 


About Niki Hebert McQuilling


Niki is the author of PRISON BLADE - The Abduction of Abigail Averies. She is from South Louisiana and has been in law enforcement for nearly 12 years.









Click on a cover below to learn more about Niki's books.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.