Monday, March 14, 2016

'Poker Face' by E.M. Smart



Poker Face



“Hate the game, love the player.”

Doc Riley survived the hard-scrabble streets of the old neighborhood to become the best No Limit Poker player in the world. His bad boy behaviour is legendary. He lives hard, loves hard, and plays to win — always.

And now he has his sights set on her.

Sarah Banks is young and vivacious with a strong need to control her own destiny. Until now, her life has been at the mercy of her parent’s gambling habit. A new opportunity gives her the chance to change everything.

But there’s just one thing.

She has a longtime crush on the very man whose lifestyle she fears and despises.

The two are brought together for one special evening at a Mafia-hosted party. And his commanding presence ignites something within her. Then in a night of passion, she succumbs to her desires. As outside forces conspire against them, they both have to decide whether they're willing to gamble on love.



http://amzn.to/1QSd7xs


About E.M. Smart


When I was at school a friend introduced me to the music of a seventies Canadian rock group named Trooper. One of their tunes was a song called "We're Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time". I loved the song and it became part of my philosophy of life -- which explains how I got knocked off of my biz school track and became a writer.

Another part of my personal philosophy is that life boils down to food and sex -- which is convenient, given the annual income of a writer. Well anyway, I love writing about the erotic and naughtier aspects of life. This saves me a ton of money in therapy costs because I try to work out my issues in each of my stories.

My work is short and steamy -- ideal for a short commute or for those all-too-brief moments of peace and quiet.

Anyway, thanks for visiting my Author Page and hopefully for sampling some of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.