Monday, April 1, 2013

#AtoZChallenge Anais Nin

When looking for spicy reads, one of the top names in erotica has always been Anais Nin. She is a classic. I admit that I have only read one of her books. I honestly don't even remember which one it was. I housesat for a friend for a week, and it was sitting on her bookshelf. As with all short stories, some I really liked. Some were disturbing. Some I didn't much care for. She is definitely someone I would be curious to learn more about and read more.

I have included a few titles with descriptions. As always, you can click on a book title for more information, reviews, and to download. Blurbs are from Amazon. What are your favorites?

In Delta of Venus, Anais Nin pens a lush, magical world where the characters of her imagination possess the most universal of desires and exceptional of talents. Among these provocative stories, a Hungarian adventurer seduces wealthy women then vanishes with their money; a veiled woman selects strangers from a chic restaurant for private trysts; and a Parisian hatmaker named Mathilde leaves her husband for the opium dens of Peru.









Evocative and superbly erotic, Little Birds is a powerful journey into the mysterious world of sex and sensuality. From the beach towns of Normandy to the streets of New Orleans, these thirteen vignettes introduce us to a covetous French painter, a sleepless wanderer of the night, a guitar-playing gypsy, and a host of others who yearn for and dive into the turbulent depths of romantic experience.











The Portable Anais Nin is the first comprehensive collection of the author's work in nearly 40 years, during which time her catalogue has doubled with the release of the erotica and unexpurgated diaries. A handy source book of Nin's most important writings, arranged chronologically and annotated by prominent Nin scholar Benjamin Franklin V. Included are complete diary excerpts, entire fictional works, such as The House of Incest, erotica, interviews, selections from her unpublished diary, and her critical writings.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any Anaïs Nin, but now I've added her to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.