Sunday, August 7, 2016

Read an excerpt from Ports of Romance by Katie O'Clare



Ports of Romance


It was supposed to be a year-long internship aboard the most luxurious cruise ship in the world.

For Kelsey, it was going to be a year abroad, interning in the dance studio on Aurora. Only four students were chosen for this prestigious honor, and she was thrilled to be one of them. She certainly had no intentions of falling for one of her fellow interns.

Ryker is a little cocky, incredibly attractive, and to her surprise, funny and kind.

The only bad part?

He has a girlfriend.

Other obstacles stand in the way of her having the greatest year of her life.

Her internship director hates her.

Her unrequited crush for Ryker is put to the test when his girlfriend comes onto the ship for a week.

And just when Kelsey finally decides to put her crush out of mind and pursue Bailey, the intern with a crush on her, she only manages to make things worse for herself.

Over the course of the year, Kelsey makes great friendships.

She has her heart broken.

She gets to see the world in ways she never imagined.

But through it all, she holds out hope that she and Ryker will end up together.

Ports of Romance is a standalone novel with a guaranteed HEA and no cliffhanger.


http://amzn.to/2aX1zfA


Read an excerpt:
Kelsey stopped dancing as his soft lips caressed hers. She parted her lips, but before she could melt into the kiss, he had pulled away, and when the last notes of the song ended at the same time, he began to applaud the band. She clapped numbly, and as Abby walked past her to leave the dance floor, the older woman briefly touched her shoulder and said, “We’ll see you at class in a few days.” 
“I should go back,” Ryker said. “I have a personal training session scheduled for seven a.m, and I haven’t even written out a plan yet. Is that okay?” 
“I’ll walk back with you,” Kelsey said. As they passed Akiko and Bailey, who were staying on the dance floor now that the band was playing AC/DC’s “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap,” Akiko shot her a look. Akiko had seen the kiss, and she wanted more answers. Kelsey tried to answer with her eyes. I have no idea, but I’m going to find out. 
They barely talked as they walked back to the elevator, although when they made it to the hallway that their cabins were in, Ryker said, “I hope I wasn’t out of line tonight.” 
“Oh, uhm, no,” Kelsey stammered. 
“I just… I saw that older couple looking at each other, and then at us, and… I don’t know. I thought it would make them happy to see a little romance. They really seem to like you, and it just… God, I feel stupid now.” 
“No, there’s no need,” Kelsey interrupted. 
“I just thought if they saw you kiss someone, it might make them happy,” Ryker said. “And I saw her after it happened, and I think it did.” 
“You kissed me for them,” Kelsey said, forcing a grin onto her face instead of the sad frown that felt natural.


About Katie O'Clare


Even though she a degree in Chemistry, Katie O’Clare’s interests lie beyond lab work and science. In her spare time, she enjoys crafting hot, steamy romances that showcase gorgeous couples finding their relationship and the heat that comes along with it.

Katie likes to write about muscular men, quirky women, bad boys, strong ladies, hot athletes, sexy businesswomen, and the fireworks that result when two of them meet.

She also plans to write some paranormal romance soon. She is always working on her next book, and she welcomes feedback from readers at katieoclare@snowmuse.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.