Thursday, December 15, 2016

Read an excerpt from Entagle Me - Sydney by Maggie Way




Sydney


A jilted girl…
A wicked boy…
A forbidden kiss...
A happily ever after?

Lacey Ryan’s perfect life was well underway, until her fiancé blindsides her with a betrayal so deep it changes everything. Now her life’s gone to hell, and the only way out may be at the hands of the last person she’d have expected to come to her rescue, Tristan Keys—the deliciously sexy player she’s fantasized about her entire life.

Sure he’s arrogant, cocksure, and frustratingly handsome, but he’s also offering exactly what she needs, a fresh start planning destination weddings. First class flights, the chance to see the world, and maybe a little harmless flirtation while she’s at it. Yes, it’s just what she needs.

Only there’s one glaring problem: Tristan happens to be her brother’s best friend. Which means he is completely off-limits. She knows it, he knows it. It’s completely forbidden. Even though she’s always followed all the rules, suddenly Lacey find herself wanting to break them all. Is he worth the risk? Or will he only break her heart—and possibly her bed springs? There’s only one way to find out, and it’s going to involve a lot of suitcase packing, merlot and chocolate.


Read an excerpt:
As I reach for the keys, someone, just a few feet behind, calls out to me. 
“Are you okay?” 
That voice…. it’s smooth and husky, striking a chord. Definitely a male. The mysterious man starts walking towards me but I remain stationary with my back to him. He finally stops beside me, waiting for an answer. 
“I'm fine,” I mutter. I expect him to walk away but instead he leans forward to catch a glimpse of me. 
“No freaking way. Lacey, is that you?” The chuckle that replies is sneering, and I shriek internally because I recognise it. I’ve heard this laugh before…where…how? 
I glance up at him, my mouth ajar at the sight of the broad-shouldered man in bootleg jeans and a rolled up plaid shirt. I have to crane my neck as far as possible to see all of him, he’s really tall. All I see is piercing, coffee brown eyes and short black hair. But that could be because it’s pitch black and I can’t really see him clearly. But that voice is so familiar…it can’t be who I think it is. Because if it is, he looks so different to the last time I saw him – which was almost four years ago. 
“What are the odds, Hansley’s snotty little sister sitting here on the street. How hammered are you?” 
“Trrrrrr…Tristan? Hansley’s friend?” 
“Okay, you’re completely wasted.” 
What the hell is Tristan Keys doing here in Sydney, let alone standing in front of me? He is the last person I expected to see, ever. My brother’s best friend all through high school, he was the most annoying person and I had to deal with him constantly. 
Always one to tease me about my braces, my ‘nerdy’ braids, and my love for collecting 3D jigsaw puzzles and scrapbooking, he always found a way to badger me. Instead of a normal ‘Hi’ or ‘What’s up’ he would instead greet me with ‘Miss Strait-laced’ or ‘Prissy’ and I would reciprocate by poking my tongue out at him. 
Oh yeah, and I had a major MAJOR unrequired crush on him. I would always get so nervous and jittery whenever he came over to our place, which was often. He would always wear this ratty black hoodie and whenever he took it off…wow. Back then he was a lanky and tanned drink of water. But I knew he could never be mine. He was too busy picking up girls that were blonde, busty and well…not me. 
So to see him after all this time is doing something funny to my insides.

http://amzn.to/2hesh4k



About Maggie Way

Maggie Way is your typical city gal who hails from Sydney, Australia. She loves drinking ridiculous amounts of wine, making her own beauty products from scratch, and traveling around the world while munching on cheese and chocolate. She lives with her real-life happily ever after, while fantasizing about all her hot fictional book boyfriends on the side. 

She is also mommy to a little Maltese who may or may not be named after a famous vampire lover. In case you were wondering, no, she will never ever not in a million years write a vampire hero. She prefers her men to be true-to-life even when they just live inside her brain and on the pages of her books.
She writes stories with heat, humor, and lots of heart and is more than happy to say what the rest of us are thinking, and sometimes what we’re not. Wanna connect with Maggie? Either hop the next plane to Sydney, or stop by her website at www.maggiewayauthor.com. Your move.
Join the Maggie Way Reading Club for previews, hot new releases, and other special goodies. When you sign up, you get a free copy of the sexy romance short STRICTLY UNPROFESSIONAL! Sign up at

Useful links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.