Thursday, June 4, 2015

'Stepbrother Falling' by Pamela Clarke


Blurb:

I guess it had always been there, the simmering attraction between my gorgeous stepbrother George and me.

But he’d been so busy making his billions and buying cars that we’d grown apart.

Until he woke me up in the middle of the night …

And everything changed.


Read an excerpt:
George took a sip of his chilled wine. “I... I have to be honest with you, Tricia.”

I settled back in myself, drawing my legs up and hugging my knees, laying my chin between my knees to look across the limo to him. “About what?”

He cleared his throat softly, then downing the rest of the large glass. After a moment of hesitation and faltering, he spoke. “I’m more protective of you than I should be because I’ve always been kinda... drawn to you.” He sat forward then, rubbing his forehead with a heavy sigh.

"I... I’ve always wanted you, I mean.” He turned his head to look at me. The tension and anticipation was written bold on his features, his brow knit and lips tucked back. His eyes were locked on mine, seemingly trying to stare into me to read the answer he was hoping for.

I averted my eyes, and a long, tense silence passed between us. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I’d known George since I was young, and we’d done so many things together. Had he always felt that way? He brought a hand to lay it at my knee …

http://amzn.to/1G8X2PL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my blogs, all comments are moderated and will be added throughout the day.